Up to £130k basic, 50:50 OTE uncapped, car, health, pension etc.
Selective Search is currently retained by our client who is one of the most prestigious and exiting Technology IT Outsourcing players in the world. Our client is a true multicultural, global IT powerhouse that is an innovator in technology services and is providing anything from Cloud Computing through to management consultancy.
Our client is looking for an experienced Account Director within the Application Services space who will be required to sell a portfolio of Application Outsourcing and Application Development capabilities to create a full lifecycle suite of services. The aim is to provide a seamless service between IT architecture, implementation projects, applications maintenance, upgrades, renewals and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). Our client serves over 1,000 customers, of whom 34 are Fortune 100 accounts. With particular strengths in Public Sector, Banking, Insurance, Capital Markets, Retail/Consumer Products, Life Sciences, Media, Telecoms, and Utilities, our offers include Applications Management, Custom/bespoke development, ERP, Business Information Management (BIM), Business Process Management (BPM), Mobility, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Testing and many more.
This role will be responsible for driving sales of predominantly Applications Solutions across a range of industry subsectors where you will be required to promote our client in the market and build relationships with their clients and IT Services Eco-system partners promoting the client’s brand and broaden their offers in the Application Solutions space.
This role will emphasise new logo acquisition and demand generation (including cold calling where necessary).
- Working closely with Sector & Delivery Unit Management teams, you will be responsible for creating and driving your own pipeline, in line with the business unit’s overall business strategy and direction.
- Originating and nurturing the development of the business, new revenue streams and directing proposition development will be key focus areas. You will be familiar with the various sources of demand – how to identify them, nurture them and be responsible for building an active pipeline of prospective deals.
- The focus of the successful applicant will be on mid-sized AD and AM deals (those in the £5m to £50m range) involving multiple technologies (e.g. ERP, Mainframe, Legacy and COTS).
- You will be focused on new client acquisition and driving growth into new name logos, and will have the ability to both create and drive opportunities to closure.
- You will be an expert in demand generation activities that are relevant to this market segment and will play a lead role in devising strategies to promote our client in these forums with tangible business results.
- Individually you will have clear and unambiguous accountability for improving our client’s credibility within target clients in the market. You will both frame and drive business opportunities, leveraging the Applications Delivery teams. This will also involve the shaping and framing of propositions to meet client requirements working alongside Sector Leadership, Service Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and Proposal Development teams, responsible for sales closure of the deals following our client’s processes and achieving the sales targets including revenues and profitability.
- It is essential that you have the ability to assimilate complex business propositions and use them to guide client conversations. The fundamental skills of client need and issue discovery are clearly critical here, as is the ability to dynamically switch between issue discovery and proposition qualification. These skills are necessary not only at the early stages of a client relationship but as part of ongoing deal and account management.
Essential skills & experience:
- Recent experience working for a Large Tier-1/2 Global IT or Consulting organisation in Sales or with responsibility for Business Development in the Application Solutions space.
- Hold a network of contacts within relevant commercial organisations including software and hardware vendors, industry analysts and advisors besides prospective clients.
- Private Sector experience and expertise should cover one of the following: Tier 1 utilities, aerospace and defence; travel and transport.
- Proven track record of selling in the Private Sector both through formal procurement processes and through informal relationship based selling.
- Personally have led and sold at least three +10m GBP TCV Application Solutions Deals to FTSE 350 / Fortune 500 organisations. The client must be willing to provide a reference for your leadership role in the sale.
- Exceptional focus on all aspects of P&L management and reporting at both a pursuit and client level
- Creative and innovative, with gravitas to lead CIO / IT Director / Board level business meetings to position deals and in sales closure.
- Well versed with commercial models, estimation techniques, pricing trends, TUPE regulations, crafting complex MSA & SOW documents.
- Sold AM solutions involving service delivery from Nearshore / Offshore locations outside UK & mutualised teams be able to craft solution including distributed delivery elements, price-to-win and articulating value proposition.
- Ability to innovatively and constructively challenge the status quo to drive forward the business.
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence as well as being part of a team.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Strong technical experience with hands-on IT Solution / Service Delivery experience during some stage in your career.
- Industry experience (outside of IT / Consulting firms)
- Experience of using Holden sales process
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org